Makes about 3 cups.
- 2 c water
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp chicken style broth mix (such as Chik’Nish)
- 2 tsp molasses
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp dried mustard
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- In a medium saucepan over medium low heat, pour water and ketchup.
- Add broth mix, molasses, paprika, poultry seasoning, ginger, mustard, onion powder, granulated garlic, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and ground red pepper.
- Stir with a whisk until boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch with 1 tbsp water; whisk into sauce.
- Cook, whisking constantly until sauce thickens.
- Serve hot.