My son makes his own pepper sauce, similar to “Sriracha”, by grinding his own peppers. This recipe is inspired by his delicious hot sauce. It’s very spicy, and very delicious!
Makes about 1 cup.
- 8-10 hot chili peppers (serrano, jalapeno, thai, etc.)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 c cilantro leaves
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- dash salt
- Roast whole peppers over an open flame or under a broiler for a few minutes, turning twice, until blackened in places.
- Cool peppers for 15 minutes. Cut off stems.
- Place peppers and all other ingredients in a blender or food processor. Process until finely ground.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust as desired.
- Place sauce in a bottle or glass refrigerator container. Refrigerate and use within a few days.