The other day, I was lucky enough to receive a house gift of a quart bag filled with a variety of basil sprigs. I made this vegan pesto sauce and served it with pasta for a delicious, fresh treat!
Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
- 4 c basil sprigs
- 1/2 c slivered, unsalted almonds
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp vegan chicken style broth mix
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1/2 c water
- salt, if needed
- Remove any thick stems from the basil. Place it in a food processor with the almonds. Pulse until finely chopped, stopping to scrape sides, as necessary.
- Add garlic and broth mix; pulse to mix in.
- Place the olive oil and water in a measuring cup and, while running processor slowly, stream it in through the top opening while blending to the desired consistency. Refrigerate until served.