The soybeans add a delicate and delicious dimension to this salad, as well as complete protein. You can use canned soybeans or cook the dry ones at home. It is likely that shelled, cooked edamame soy beans would work nicely in this salad as well.
- 1 c cooked soy beans, drained
- 2 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1/2 c raisins
- 1/2 c walnuts, chopped
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- In a medium bowl, blend the soy beans, celery, apples, raisins, and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, blend the dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir well.
- Serve cold with a sprinkling of nutmeg on top.