Because I go into town to shop only once or twice a month, I rely on vegetables that keep well, such as cabbage. This tangy, sweet slaw is a favorite of mine!
- 1/2 medium head purple cabbage
- 4 baby carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 Anaheim pepper, seeded, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Remove the outer leaves and stem of the half cabbage; thinly slice and place in a large salad bowl.
- Add carrots, cilantro, tomato, and Anaheim pepper; toss well.
- In a small bottle or bowl, blend the lime juice, rice vinegar, olive oil, sugar and sea salt. Pour over salad and toss again. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 days. Toss again before serving.