This layered taco flavored dish will please your whole family. Serve with hot sauce, guacamole or sour cream.
1 Tbsp vegetable oil 1 large onion, chopped 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped 1 Anaheim pepper, seeded and chopped 1 clove garlic, minced (1) 20-oz can Meatless Select Taco filling 1 tsp oregano (1) 15 oz can diced tomatoes 1 c sour cream 10 corn tortillas, 5-6 inches in diameter (1) 15 oz can pinto beans, drained 1/2 bunch cilantro, minced 3 c shredded mild cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm oil. Saute onions, bell peppers, Anaheim peppers, and garlic 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add taco filling and oregano. Stir and heat another 1 minute. Remove from burner.
- In medium bowl, combine tomatoes and sour cream.
- Cut each tortilla in half with kitchen shears. Arrange 10 halves in a buttered 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan.
- Spread half the taco mixture over tortillas. Top with half the beans, half the tomato mixture, 1 cup of the cheese and half cilantro. Repeat with remaining ingredients, doubling the cheese on top. Bake 30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.