There is nothing boring about this potato salad. It is a luscious addition to any potluck or family dinner.
- 1/2 c chopped onions
- 4 c red potatoes, cut bite-sized w/skins
- 1 Tbsp salad oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- (1) 6.5 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/4 c sliced pimiento salad olives
- 1 c chopped celery
- 2 Tbsp Miracle Whip or similar salad dressing
- 1 Tbsp liquid from marinated artichokes
- 1 Tbsp minced parsley
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1/8 tsp celery seeds
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Place onions in a small bowl and cover with water. Allow to stand 15 minutes or more. Drain well.
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Add oil and the teaspoon of salt, stir. Bring to a boil on high. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer 10 minutes. Drain well and cool.
- Chop artichoke hearts and reserve packing liquid. Place drained artichoke pieces in a large bowl. Add olives, celery, potatoes, and onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Miracle Whip, artichoke liquid, parsley, lime juice, mustard powder, celery seeds, salt and pepper.
- When well-combined, add dressing to salad vegetables and toss until fully coated.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours, or up to two days before serving. Serve topped with extra sliced pimiento olives if desired.