Hearts of Palm, harvested from the inner core and growing bud of certain palm trees, are readily and inexpensively available in bottles or cans in most major markets. This delicious salad will keep 1-2 days in the refrigerator.
- 2 ripe mangos, peeled and diced
- 1-14 oz can diced hearts of palm
- 1 medium tomato, de-seeded and diced
- 1/4 c parsley, leaves only
- 1/4 c green onions, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped (or 1 Tbsp dry dill)
- 2 Tbsp apricot jam
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp aniseeds (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Rinse and thoroughly drain hearts of palm; place in large bowl. Add mangos, tomato, parsley, green onions, and dill; toss.
- Into a small bowl, place all dressing ingredients and whisk together. Pour on salad and toss. Chill at least 4 hours before serving for best flavor.