This Greek dressing is a little unusual in that it includes some liquid from the Kalamata olives. It’s good not to waste the delicious olive marinade or brine, and this recipe puts it to good use.
- 2 quarts spring mix (Mélange de printemp)
- 2 tomatoes cut in wedges
- 2 Persian or American cucumbers cut on the diagonal
- 1/4 c Kalamata olives
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dry dill
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano leaves
- 1/3 c sour cream
- 1/3 c liquid from the Kalamata olives
- 6 oz feta cheese, divided use
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Put the oil, vinegar, sugar, garlic, dill oregano, sour cream, olive liquid, and half of the feta cheese in a blender and mix until just creamy. Do not overmix.
- Remove to a bowl and crumble in the remaining feta plus salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the greens, tomato, cucumber, and olives on salad plates and drizzle with dressing.