I am always trying to find ways to addKhorasan and other wheat berries to our diet, because they are high in manganese, magnesium, phosphorus and other minerals that help with well-being. Here is an easy delicious relish that has a down-home flavor.
Makes about 3 cups.
- 1-15 oz can whole kernel corn, well-drained
- 1/2 c well-cooked wheat berries, drained
- 1 Persian cucumber, finely chopped
- 1/3 c finely chopped red or orange bell pepper
- 1/3 c cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp light corn syrup or agave nector
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp celery seeds
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- dash coarse black pepper
- In a medium bowl, mix the corn, wheat berries, cucumber, bell pepper, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients. Pour over the vegetables and toss well.
- Transfer to a covered serving bowl. For best flavor, chill at least 4 hours before serving.