This is a great end-of-the-week salad, when your fresh produce supplies may be low. All it takes is a couple of canned items and one bell pepper, and you will have a crisp salad everyone will enjoy.
- 1-15 oz can corn
- 1-15 oz can kidney beans
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp salad oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp honey or agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp prepared mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- Using a fine sieve, drain the corn and kidney beans. Rinse well and drain again. Finely chop the bell pepper.
- In a medium salad bowl, mix the corn, kidney beans and bell pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad and toss. Serve immediately, or refrigerate several hours. Toss again before serving.