This salad has no added oils or fats other than what is in the yogurt. It has a fresh, crunchy texture and taste.
- 4 c finely chopped cabbage
- 2 c finely chopped kale leaves
- 1 c shredded carrots (peeled)
- 6 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 c plain yogurt
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 2 small crisp pears, julienned
- 1 crisp red sweet apple, julienned
- In a large bowl, mix the cabbage, kale, carrot, vinegar sugar, salt and pepper. Stir well and allow to stand at lest 20 minutes.
- Squeeze out the liquid from the vegetables and place in a clean large bowl. Add bell peppers, pears, apples and yogurt. Blend well.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve immediately, or cover tightly and refrigerate until served. This salad will stay crisp for one or two days.