This high-protein sandwich filling has a good texture and spreads easily. The pecans and honey lend a sweet background note to the lentils.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
- 1 c cooked lentils
- 1/2 c pecan halves
- 1 stalk celery, roughly chopped
- 1/4 small red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Rinse lentils in a sieve. Squeeze out moisture by hand until only a lentil pulp remains. Place in food chopper or processor.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse about 10 times, or until the texture is uniformly coarse, not pureed.
- Use in sandwiches, wraps, or scooped on salads. Store unused portion in refrigerator.