- 1 1/2 c broccoli spears, bite-sized
- 4 oz dry farfalle (bow tie pasta)
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- 12 ripe pitted olives, halved
- 1 c provolone cheese, cubed
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/4 tsp dry leaf oregano
- 1/4 tsp dry basil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 4 tsp olive oil
- In a medium pot of boiling salted water, drop the broccoli spears and bring back to a boil. Boil 3 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon remove the broccoli to a colander and place the farfalle in the same pot of boiling water.
- Cook until just tender, or about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Put both the broccoli and the farfalle in a large covered bowl, toss in olive oil to prevent sticking, and cool completely.
- Add the olives, provolone, and roasted red pepper strips.
- In a small bowl, mix the vinaigrette ingredients with a whisk or fork until well blended and pour over the salad.
- Mix well and refrigerate covered for at least one hour to allow the flavors to blend.