This potato salad has a light oil and vinegar dressing that makes it delicious, yet low in fats. It also keeps better on a buffet table than the mayonnaise dressed versions.
- 6 medium red potatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 2 hard cooked eggs
- 1/4 c chopped onion
- 1/2 c coarsely shredded, peeled carrots
- 1/2 c chopped celery
- 1/4 c pimientos
- 1 Tbsp capers
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Place whole, unpeeled potatoes in a large pot and cover with water.
- Bring to boil on medium high. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes or until barely fork tender.
- Drain and allow to cool until you can handle them. (Potatoes will continue to soften while standing.)
- Peel potatoes and cut in bite-sized pieces. Place back in pot. Add drained black beans.
- Chop one of the hard cooked eggs and add it. Slice the other egg for garnishing.
- Add all remaining ingredients and toss gently until well-combined. Check for seasonings. Transfer to serving dish and add sliced eggs on top.
- Cover and chill until served.