Here is another great picnic recipe, perfect for Memorial Day or any summery celebration. This is an inexpensive, low-fat salad that everybody will enjoy. (Because the seasoned rice vinegar is already salty, we have added no salt to this recipe.)
Makes 6-7 cups.
- 3 c cooked rice
- 1 c canned corn, drained
- 1/2 c canned California ripe olives, sliced
- 1/2 c toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 c parsley, minced
- 1/4 c golden California raisins
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- In a 2 quart bowl, blend all the ingredients well. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours before serving.