Reduce calories and cholesterol, while still enjoying your “French fried” potatoes. This is an easy recipe the whole family will enjoy.
- 5 medium Russet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp season salt
- 1 tsp dry parsley flakes
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cut well-washed, unpeeled potatoes in thin (1/4 inch) strips.
- Place them in a bowl with cold water to cover. Allow them to stand 20 minutes, while preheating oven to 425 degrees F.
- Discard soaking water and place potatoes on a clean towel. Pat and roll dry.
- On a large baking sheet (or 2 medium sheets), place the potatoes. Add olive oil, season salt, parsley flakes, and pepper. Using clean hands, toss the potatoes in the oil mixture until well coated.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer. Bake 15 minutes. Turn potatoes over with a spatula and bake another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the baking sheet and serve hot with ketchup.