- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1/3 c red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp all purpose flour
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- 1 cayenne chili pepper, seeded, minced (or 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 c whole dairy or coconut milk
- 1/3 c peanuts, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp butter, dairy or vegan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly oil an 8 x 8 x 1.5-inch baking dish.
- Place sweet potatoes, onion, flour, garlic, salt and pepper in the pan and toss until evenly coated. Distribute everything evenly in the pan.
- Pour the milk over everything, Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes,
- Remove pan from oven and remove foil carefully away from your face (steam is hot!). Toss to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and dot with butter. Return to oven and bake uncovered 20 minutes more, or until potatoes are fork tender and the top in lightly browned, Serve hot or at room temperature.