The Worthington Loma Linda brand has some great new products that every vegetarian should try. In this recipe, I have used the new Beefless Chunks With Gravy for a quick, tasty supper that is high in protein.
Serves 4. Prep time: 10 minutes. Cooking Time: 20 minutes.
- 8 oz wide noodles
- 4 Tbsp vegan or dairy butter (divided use)
- 8 oz fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 large bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (13 oz) can Loma Linda Beefless Chunks
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- 1 c seasoned croutons, finely crushed
- Cook noodles in salted boiling water about 5 minutes, or until al dente.
Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and oil a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large heavy pot, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium low heat. Add bell peppers and mushrooms. Saute about 8 minutes, or until tender.
- Stir in Loma Linda Beefless Chunks with Gravy. Add soy sauce, parsley flakes, and cooked noodles. Toss gently until well-combined.
- Place this mixture in the prepared baking dish.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of buttery spread. Stir it into the crushed croutons until well-coated. Sprinkle on top of the dish and bake 15 minutes. Serve hot.
* I have used Worthington Loma Linda vegetarian products for many years, and I love them. Recently, I received samples of the newest Worthington Loma Linda products from Atlantic Natural Foods, and in the interest of full disclosure, I have used them in this recipe.