Here is a vegan way to feed a crowd at your leisure, using a crock-pot recipe. Serve these tasty barbecued burgers on buns with the barbecue sauce, lettuce and sprouts. Also great on a dinner plate with mashed potatoes!
- 2 c warm water
- 1 c chopped onion
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1/2 c cider vinegar
- 1/4 c honey
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 2 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 Tbsp vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 (10 oz) boxes Boca Original Vegan Veggie Burgers (8 burgers)
- In crock-pot, whisk together warm water, onion, tomato paste, cider vinegar, honey, molasses, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Separate frozen Boca Burgers and place them in the sauce.
- Set crock-pot on high and cook Boca Burgers 6 hours, stirring gently 2-3 times during the cooking process.
- Serve hot on toasted buns with lettuce, sprouts, and the barbecue sauce or serve as a dinner entree with mashed potatoes.