This salad has a tangy sweet dressing and plenty of crunchy vegetables. This is similar to my American Macaroni Salad, but without requiring sweetened condensed milk. Great for a picnic or cook-out!
- 8 oz dry elbow macaroni or small shells
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 medium stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1/2 c mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp plain yogurt
- 3-4 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 c white distilled vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large pot of salted water, cook macaroni for about 6 minutes or until ‘al dente’; drain.
- Rinse with cold water; drain well.
- Combine macaroni, carrot, onion, green pepper, celery and parsley in a large bowl; toss gently, and set aside.
- Combine mayo, yogurt, honey and vinegar in a small bowl; stir well.
- Pour dressing over macaroni mixture; toss gently to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours. (Mixture will thicken as it chills).