I used Arrowhead Mills Organic Savory Herb Stuffing in this recipe, but any good vegetarian stuffing mix will work.
- 4 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 c onions, chopped
- 1 c shallots, chopped (or a 2nd cup onions)
- 2 c celery, chopped
- 1 (10 oz) package stuffing mix (about 4 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 c vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp marjoram
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and butter a 6-cup baking dish.
- In a large skillet or heavy pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add onions, shallots, and celery. Sauté 8 minutes, or until tender.
- Add stuffing mix, broth, marjoram and black pepper. Stir to combine well.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish and press down. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes, or until hot and browned on top.
- Serve hot with vegetarian sausages and/or mashed potatoes.