This is a quick, easy way of preparing a vegetarian/vegan entree or side dish. Everyone will enjoy this dish on a bed of couscous or rice.
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas (or 1 1/2 c home-cooked)
- 2-3 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp apricot jam
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp prepared Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp mace
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to simmer.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve hot with slices of lemon.