If you cannot readily buy gyoza wrappers, here is an easy recipe for making your own. Use them in our recipe for Veggie ‘Pork’ Gyozas.
Makes 16 wrappers
- 1 c all purpose flour (plus flour for the kneading process)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 c warm water
- In a medium bowl, blend the flour and salt.
- Add the water a little at a time until you have a cohesive, slightly sticky dough.
- Knead in the bowl for a few minutes, adding a sprinkle of flour as needed.
- Cover and allow to stand 15 minutes before rolling.
- Using a rolling pin, roll on a floured surface until the dough looks like a thin pie crust. Cut with a three-inch biscuit cutter. Dust each gyoza disk with flour and set aside. Re-roll the scraps of dough and cut the remaining gyoza wrappers.
- To fill, place a rounded teaspoon of filling in each center, moisten edges and fold in half. Press the edges together tightly or pleat them by making a few folds in the sealed edges.