These patties are good just as they are or with a dollop of sour cream. Serve them with baked or mashed potatoes. They are also good with marinara sauce, served with pasta and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
Makes 6 or 7 patties.
- 2 small zucchini, shredded
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 c mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp basil, dry
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Combine the zucchini, green onions, flour, mozzarella cheese, basil, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine ingredients well.
- Using your hands, mix in the egg and be sure everything is well-incorporated.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium low, heat the oil until it shimmers.
- Form 6 or 7 thick patties and place them in the hot oil. Cook them about 3-4 minutes per side, or until well browned.
- Place them on an ungreased baking sheet and bake about 12-15 minutes or until the centers are cooked through.
- Remove to a serving platter. Serve hot.