I used Great Northern beans in this recipe, but cannellini beans or other white beans would also work well. This is a quick and easy recipe that is warming and delicous!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 c onion, chopped
- 1/2 c celery, chopped
- 1/2 c carrot, finely diced
- 1/2 c cabbage, chopped
- 3 c vegetable broth
- 1/3 c tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz) can white beans
- 1 c cooked brown rice
- 1 tsp dry parsley flakes
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- In a heavy pot over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add onion, celery, carrots, and cabbage. Saute 5 minutes.
- Stir in the vegetable broth and tomato sauce.
- Rinse and drain the beans before adding to the pot; stir in rice.
- Stir in the parsley, turmeric, paprika, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to lowest setting. Cover and simmer 12 minutes. Serve hot with crackers or bread.