If you love German food as I do, there is no reason to give up those wonderful, rich flavors, just because you are vegetarian!
- 1/2 Tbsp vegetarian oil
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1/2 c finely chopped cabbage
- 1 1/2 c hot water
- 1/4 c cider vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 Tbsp molasses
- 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp powdered ginger
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 c milk (hazelnut, soy, almond milk, etc)
- 4 Boca Original Vegan Veggie Burgers, frozen (1 box)
- 1 Tbsp minced parsley
- In a lidded 10-inch or larger skillet over medium heat (or in a large pot), add oil. When hot, stir in onion, carrot, and cabbage and saute 4 minutes, or until soft.
- Add hot water, vinegar, ketchup, molasses, sugar, ginger, cloves, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- In a cup, beat cornstarch into a couple of tablespoons of water and add to the pan. Stir constantly until thickened.
- Add milk; stir well. Submerge Boca burgers in the sauce; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with noodles or potatoes.