If you are on a low carbohydrate or KETO diet, this may be the wrap you are looking for. You do need a cast iron skillet for best results and a thin metal spatula..You will need to fill the tortilla while still in the pan, so have your filling warm and ready before starting the tortilla!
Makes one large tortilla.
- 1 c shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 c filling of choice (scrambled eggs, refried beans, hot sauce, etc.)
- Have your filling cooked and ready before making the cheese tortilla.
- Heat a 10-inch cast iron skillet on medium setting a minute or so.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly over the pan,
- Allow to begin browning on the bottom, (The top may remain slightly gooey). Using a thin metal spatula, push in and under just a bit all around the edges of the tortilla. Turn the pan if one side is getting done faster.
- When, with your spatula, you feel the tortilla begin to pull away from the bottom of the pan, spread the filling evenly across the lower third of the tortilla.
- Lift the lower edge of the tortilla and turn it gradually over the filling. Continue turning the tortilla over until it forms a “burrito”.
- Place the filled tortilla, or “burrito”, on your plate and serve hot.