This recipe uses the Cedar Lake breakfast sausages which are quite large sausages and are moist and meaty. The recipe may have to be adjusted should you substitute another brand of veggie sausage.
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 6 Cedar Lake breakfast sausages, each cut in 4 pieces
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large apples, cored, peeled and sliced
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter, maple syrup, and lemon juice together.
- Add the sausages, cinnamon, and apples; cook, stirring often, until the apples are tender and the sausages are brown, or about 12-15 minutes.
- Serve with pancakes or biscuits.