Creative Foods puts out some excellent vegetarian products that you may want to try. We have used their Dark Gluten Flakes in making this stove-top meal.
- 1/2 c Dark Gluten Flakes
- 1 c hot water
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp Beef Style Seasoning and Broth Mix
- 1 c frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 c Rotini pasta
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 tsp corn starch
- Soak the gluten flakes in a mixture of hot water, soy sauce, and beef style seasoning for 20 minutes.
- Drain, reserving liquid and set aside.
- Drop the frozen veggies and Rotini into boiling water, bring back to boil, and simmer for about 8 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter over medium low.
- Sauté most of the green onion for about one minute, reserving a bit for garnish.
- Add the drained Dark Gluten Flakes and sauté another minute.
- To the reserved gluten soaking liquid, add the corn starch and fully blend.
- Add this mixture to the skillet and stir until thick and glossy.
- Toss in the mixed vegetables and pasta and heat through.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and serve hot.