This is one of my favorite Terkettes recipes so far! It contains the flavors of both hot Hungarian paprika and mild paprika. It is a very easy dish to make, and can be done on stove-top.
- 3 c dry wide egg noodles
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1-20 oz can Terkettes with liquid or Seitan
- 1/2 c water
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp Hungarian paprika
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 2 Tbsp parsley, minced
- Cook the egg noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high. Add the onion and saute for about 4 minutes, or until golden. Add the Terkettes with the broth and the water. Stir until it comes to simmering, turn down the heat to low, and simmer covered for 5 minutes. Stir in the red bell peppers and the Roma tomatoes. Add the two types of paprika. Stir, cover and simmer another 10 minutes, stirring half-way through and adding a bit more water if needed.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch, salt and sour cream together. Add to the skillet and stir well. Cook uncovered until it has simmered a minute or two. Place the egg noodles in a serving dish, and pour the skillet mixture over them. Sprinkle with parsley and serve hot.