Use store-bought or my homemade taco filling in this recipe.
- 3 large bell peppers (any color)
- 2 c vegetarian taco filling
- 1 c cooked rice
- 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut each pepper in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and membranes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the taco filling, cooked rice and cheese.
- Stuff the pepper halves with the taco mixture.
- Place stuffed peppers in a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish. Add one-half inch water to the bottom of the pan.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature with cole slaw or other salad.