- 2 c cooked soybeans
- 1 c carrots, shredded
- 1/2 c wheat germ
- 1/4 c celery, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 c parsley, minced
- 1 Tbsp vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1/2 tsp savory
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, ground
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
Sour Cream Gravy:
- 2 Tbsp margarine or butter
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp vegetarian chicken style broth and seasoning mix (We use McKay’s.)
- 1 1/4 c water
- 1/4 c sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mash the soybeans with a potato masher or pulse them in a food processor until they are pasty.
- Add the carrots, wheat germ, celery, green onions, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, marjoram, savory, salt, pepper, eggs, and olive oil.
- Blend or process until well incorporated but not completely smooth.
- Grease a small (6 cup) loaf pan with shortening.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper to the size of the bottom of the loaf pan, insert it, and grease the paper.
- Fill with the soybean mixture and bake for 45 minutes or until set up and browning on top.
- In a small saucepan over medium low, heat the margarine and whisk in the flour. Cook until beginning to brown.
- Stir in the chicken style seasoning and whisk in the water. Continue whisking until the sauce thickens and becomes smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream.
- Loosen the sides of the loaf with a knife and cut the loaf into large slices.
- Serve with sour cream gravy and baked potatoes.