It is so easy to slit eggplants, stuff them with hard cheese and garlic, and roast them in the oven. What results is surprisingly flavorful and delicious!
- 2 small globe eggplants
- 4 oz block of Parmesan, Cotija, or other hard cheese
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp ground fenugreek
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wash and dry eggplants;leave them whole. Using a sharp knife, place 10 slits, evenly spaced, in each eggplant.
- Cut block of hard cheese into 20 small rectangles. Peel garlic and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Stuff equal amounts of cheese and garlic into the slits of each eggplant.
- Brush eggplants all over with olive oil. Sprinkle them with fenugreek and pepper on all side.
- Bake 45 minutes uncovered. Serve on a bed of Oven Baked Bulgur or steamed rice.