I have tweaked an old recipe posted on GroupRecipes.com for this delicious potato recipe. This is a rich dish (but oh so good). Serve it with a generous portion of steamed vegetables or a large green salad.
- 4 medium potatoes with peels, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 fresh parsley, minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 c Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 c mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Toss the potatoes and red bell peppers in this mixture, making sure to separate the slices of potato and coat them well.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly mix the Parmesan cheese and mozzarella.
- In a 9 inch pie pan or 8 x 8 x 2inch baking pan, evenly distribute half of the potato mixture.
- Top with half of the cheese.
- Follow with the remaining potato mixture and a final layer of the cheese.
- Bake 45 minutes uncovered.
- Serve hot.