Tapioca starch serves as a good binder for this loaf, though two lightly beaten eggs may be substituted.
- 2 c cooked pink beans, drained
- 1 1/3 c fine fresh bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion, minced or grated
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and minced or grated
- 1/4 c ketchup
- 1/4 c nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp white miso (Shiro miso paste)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and grease a small baking pan or sheet with shortening or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mash the pink beans with a potato masher or pastry cutter until no whole beans appear. Add remaining ingredients and blend.
- Use your hands to mix well. Place on prepared pan, forming into a loaf shape. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Squiggle some ketchup over the top in a pleasing pattern. Allow to cool 15 minutes before removing to a platter if desired. Slice and serve with potatoes and/or vegetables.