This is a nice money-saving and healthy dish for a large family. You will be surprised at how delicious these patties are!
Makes about 14 patties.
- 1 3/4 c boiling water
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove minced garlic or 1 tsp dry minced garlic
- 2 c quick oats
- 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp rubbed sage
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 egg, well-beaten
- 3/4 c almond meal
- 2-3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 c evaporated milk
- Soak oats in boiling water for five minutes. Add soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, melted butter, onion, garlic, sage, nutritional yeast, egg, and almond meal. Mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Heat a tablespoon of the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Drop the oat mixture by heaping tablespoons into the hot skillet and spread the mixture so it forms rough patty shapes. This may take 2-3 batches to complete. Be sure to brown the patties well on both sides.
- In small bowl, combine mushroom soup and milk. Put browned patties in an 13x9x2 inch baking dish, forming a double layer. Cover with the mushroom soup mixture and bake about 25-30 minutes. Serve with baked potatoes.