- 1-20 oz can Terkettes or Seitan
- 1/2 c Cedar Lake All-Purpose Breading meal
- 1/4 c vegetable oil
- 4 c shredded cabbage
- 4 c shredded kale (remove center stems before shredding)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- lemon slices for garnish
- Reserving the Terkettes’ broth, roll the Terkettes in the breading meal until lightly coated.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large grill pan or skillet over medium high.
- Use tongs to place the Terkettes in the oil and rotate until all sides of the Terkettes are golden brown and there are nice grill marks on them.
- In a separate large skillet over medium low, add the reserved Terkettes’ broth, the cabbage and kale. Stir and cover.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, or until the greens are barely tender and liquid is absorbed.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, pepper and salt.
- Pour half into the greens and stir well.
- Place the greens on a serving platter and arrange the Terkettes on top.
- Drizzle the remaining olive oil mixture on top and garnish with lemon slices.
- Serve hot.