No rolling out crust here! Just pat this buttery crust into a 9-inch pie, cake or quiche dish. The Loma Linda Chik’n Chunks lend protein and wonderful flavor to this dish. Serves 6. Prep: 15 minutes. Baking: 45 minutes. Total time: 60 minutes.
- 1 c biscuit/baking mix (Bisquick, Jiffy)
- 1/4 c self-rising cornmeal mix
- 1/4 c softened butter
- 2 Tbsp hot water
- 1 c shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 (13 oz) can Loma Linda Chik’n Chunks
- 1 (10 oz) bottle sliced mushrooms
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 c milk
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp dry basil
- 1/2 tsp season salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and lightly butter a 9-inch pie, cake or quiche dish.
- In a medium bowl, blend the baking mix, cornmeal mix, softened butter and hot water with a fork until it comes together as a dough.
- Place the dough in the buttered pie dish and use fingers and palm to pat it out. It should evenly cover the bottom and sides of the dish, but it is not necessary to have a fluted crust.
- Sprinkle the Swiss cheese in the bottom. Next, fully drain the Loma Linda Chik’n Chunks and the mushrooms. Scatter them evenly over the Swiss cheese.
- In the same medium bowl you used for the crust (no need to wash it up), beat the eggs with a fork until uniform in color. Add the milk, flour, basil, and season salt; beat until the flour is dissolved.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the quiche filling. Bake 40-45 minutes, or until browned and firm throughout.
- Cool 10 minutes before slicing and serving hot.
*I have used Loma Linda products for years and enjoy them very much. Recently I received samples of the latest line from Atlantic Natural Foods and I have used them in this recipe.