- 3.5 c cooked small red beans (1/2 pound dry beans)
- 2.5 c tomato juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (remove seeds if desired)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp season salt
- 1 tsp dry marjoram leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly oil an 11 x 7 x 2 inch baking pan.
- Pour all ingredients into a bowl and blend well.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared pan and bake uncovered for about 45-50 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed into the beans.
- Serve hot with vegetarian burgers or over steamed rice.