Makes one large tube or bundt cake.
- 3 c all purpose flour
- 2 c sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 eggs
- 2 c pureed pumpkin (or a 15 oz can)
- 1 1/4 c vegetable oil
- 1 c chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and butter an large tube pan or bundt pan.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs until frothy. Add pumpkin and oil; whisk well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones. Blend just until well incorporated.
- Fold in the nuts.
- Bake 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the thickest part comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn onto rack and cool completely. Transfer to serving platter and slice.