These scrumptious cookies are like little brownies in texture, and will satisfy any sweet tooth. Use Bell Plantation PB2 Powdered Peanut Flour, a de-fatted peanut flour product, for best results.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
- 2/3 c unsalted butter
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp pure orange extract
- 1 c PB2 powdered peanut butter (plain, not chocolate)
- 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3-5 Tbsp low fat buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar, brown sugar and orange extract until light and fluffy. (Mixer will no longer be needed.)
- In a separate bowl, blend the PB2, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda. Add these dry ingredients to the butter mixture, gradually beating them in by hand.
- Add just enough of the buttermilk as is needed to make a slightly sticky cookie dough. Roll tablespoon-sized balls of dough between your hands. Place them on the prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart. (One inch is OK, but they will touch).
- Bake for about 7-8 minutes. ( Cookies should be cracked on top, but will remain soft and will indent if pressed.) Leave undisturbed 5 minutes before carefully transferring to rack to fully cool.