I used Loma Linda Little Links, which are vegan sausages that come in a can. I broke them up to resemble ground meat before use. For the Italian seasoning, try my home mix recipe.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 oz veggie sausages, crumbled
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-28 oz can whole Italian tomatoes with basil
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb ricotta
- 1/4 c Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 c parsley, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 6 oz oven ready lasagna noodles (about 9-10 pieces)
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet on medium setting, heat the olive oil. Saute the veggie sausage crumbles and onion for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute another minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Into a medium bowl, break up the tomatoes with your hands or a potato masher, until there are no large pieces. Stir in the Italian seasoning. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, beat the eggs lightly. Stir in the ricotta, Parmesan, parsley, salt and pepper. Combine well and set aside.
- In a large crockpot, place a small amount of the tomatoes. Layer one-third of each ingredient as follows: noodles (break them up in anyway they will fit), ricotta, tomatoes, mozzarella, sausage. Repeat layers twice or until all ingredients are used up.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours, or until the noodles are tender and the dish is heated through. Uncover and allow to stand 10 minutes before cutting into squares or wedges.