This old-fashioned one-dish meal will be a hit at any potluck supper or for any family sit-down meal.
- 1-10 oz pkg MorningStar Farms Chik’n Nuggets
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 c cooked rice
- 1 c croutons, plain or flavored
- 1-10 oz can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 c sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 c shredded Swiss cheese (divided use)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the Chik’n Nuggets on a dry baking sheet or dish and bake them about 12 minutes (less than the package advises). Remove from oven, but leave the oven on while you proceed with the recipe.
- Cut each Nugget into 6 pieces and place the pieces in a large bowl. Add the celery, onion, cooked rice, croutons, celery soup, sour cream and half the Swiss cheese. Blend well.
- Generously butter an 11 x 7 x 2 inch baking dish or similar. Spoon the Chik’n mixture evenly into the baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining Swiss cheese and bake 30 minutes. Serve hot.