I like to serve these vegetarian pork sausages with buttery corn grits in the morning. You can make a double batch, freeze the extras between sheets of wax paper, and add them to your favorite recipes later. They also can be broken up and used as “crumbles”.
Makes 6 small patties.
- 8 Loma Linda Little Links (reserve broth)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- pinch ground cloves
- 4-5 drops Liquid Smoke (optional)
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Into a medium bowl, place the sausages and break them with fingertips or a fork until they are the size of small sausage crumbles. Add 3 tablespoons of the packing broth.
- Stir in the flour, nutritional yeast, maple syrup, sage, garlic powder, marjoram, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, cloves and Liquid Smoke. Blend well.
- Use a small patty press which has been oiled to form 6 perfect patties, or simply form them in your hands.
- In a large skillet or griddle over medium low, spread the oil and heat it. Place the patties in the skillet and fry without disturbing for a couple of minutes on each side, or until lightly browned and set up. Serve hot with eggs, potatoes, or grits.