These little croquettes are great with breakfast and will remind you of tater tots, only with far less fat and far more protein. They also can serve as a side dish at dinner time.
Makes about 16-18 croquettes.
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 c cooked millet
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp parsley, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried savory
- 1/2 tsp dried mint
- 1/2 tsp lemon salt
- 2 Tbsp canola or olive oil
- Leaving the peels on, cut the potatoes in eighths and cover with lightly salted water. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain and, in a large bowl, roughly mash with skins on.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. To the bowl of potatoes, add the cooked millet, eggs, onion, parsley, savory, mint, and lemon salt. Mix well and form into 1″ balls.
- Place the oil in the baking dish and coat the bottom. Add the potato/millet balls and roll them in the oil until coated.
- Bake 20 minutes, turn with a spatula and bake another 15 minutes. Turn and bake 15 minutes more. (They will flatten on the bottom and form a pleasant croquette shape.) Serve with a light sprinkling of lemon pepper.