We used cooked dry lima beans in our hash, but fresh or frozen lima beans would work well in this recipe too. You can serve this dish with ‘sunny-side up’ eggs on top, though it has enough protein to serve as a main course.
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 c cooked lima beans
- 2 cooked potatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 c vegetarian sausage, crumbled or finely chopped
- 1/2 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 large bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp season salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- In a large skillet on medium high heat, warm the vegetable oil. Add the lima beans, potatoes, sausage crumbles, onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno. Allow to brown for a few minutes without disturbing.
- Sprinkle with season salt, paprika, rosemary and granulated garlic. Turn with a spatula and brown the other side.
- Turn one or two more times, mixing in the seasonings and browning the mixture. Remove to a serving bowl and garnish with a sprig of rosemary or parsley. Serve hot.