Makes 1 large loaf.
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 1 c raw wheat germ
- 1 c raw sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 c shredded zucchini
- 1 c sour cream
- 1/4 c melted margarine or butter
- 1/2 tsp butter rum extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 oz German sweet chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter and flour a large loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. Blend well.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with a fork or whisk. Add zucchini, sour cream, margarine, and extracts. Blend well.
- Stir the wet ingredients into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake for 75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Turn out on wire rack and cool at least 30 minutes before slicing.