This is a moist, sweet version of banana bread. The touch of cinnamon in the crust makes it extra delicious. Serve for breakfast, a snack, or a light dessert.
Makes 1 large loaf.
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp sweet butter, diced
- 1 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 c thick yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Butter a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together the “pan coating” sugar and cinnamon. Dust pan lightly with this mixture.
- To make the batter: In the large bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar.
- Mix in egg, mashed bananas, yogurt, vanilla and cinnamon and beat on medium for about 2 minutes.
- On low, mix in salt, baking soda and flour briefly.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir by hand until all dry ingredients have just been incorporated. Fold in nuts.
- Spread in prepared pan “dipping” the center and raising the edges.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and transfer to wire rack.
- When cool put on platter.