Here is a tea bread that is a great alternative to banana or pumpkin bread. All the spices and nuts seem to blend perfectly with the mango puree in this recipe.
Makes one large loaf or 12 average slices.
- 2 c whole wheat Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 c butter
- 1/2 c raw sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 c mango puree (thawed from frozen or freshly made)
- 2 Tbsp non-fat plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 c raw almonds, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and grease a large loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
- In a large bowl (you may use an electric mixer if available), cream the butter and raw sugar. Add the egg and beat until smooth. Stir in the mango puree and yogurt; beat well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the mango mixture and beat until well-blended. Fold in the almonds.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan and cool on rack.